Where to Start
Do you think your home may benefit from home energy improvements but you don’t know where to start? Energy improvements are a great way to reduce your energy use and make your home more comfortable and affordable to operate.
Use the Online Self-Serve Resources
EfficiencyBC provides information to answer your questions and help you learn about energy improvement options for your home.
Knowing where to start can be tricky. EfficiencyBC has four options to help you get started:
Check out the Online Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions – do you have questions about incentive programs, EnerGuide home evaluations, hiring a contractor, Do-It-Yourself projects, or issues with high energy bills or home comfort? We have answers for your questions.
- Incentives, Rebates, and Offers – check the incentive search tool to find available incentives, eligibility requirements and how to apply for them.
- Energy Upgrades – are you interested in learning about different energy efficiency upgrades? We have easy to understand information about many energy saving options.
- Energy Advisor Search Tool – find qualified energy advisors for EnerGuide home evaluations through the program-qualified energy advisor search tool.
- Contractor Directories – use third party directories to find registered contractors in your area.
- Financing – need some upfront assistance to pay for energy efficiency upgrades? Check out the available financing options.
- Quickstart Guide – a short step-by-step guide to rebates available through the Home Renovation Rebate and EfficiencyBC Program.
Speak with an Energy Coach
Knowledgeable energy coaches are available by phone and email to answer your questions at all stages of your home energy improvement project.
Call us or email us at 1-844-881-9790 / email@example.com.
Get an EnerGuide Home Evaluation
An EnerGuide home evaluation is a whole-home energy evaluation conducted by an energy advisor. The evaluation takes approximately two hours and includes expert advice and a customized retrofit plan to help you save energy and greenhouse gas emissions, improve the health and comfort of your home, and make your home more affordable to operate.
Recommendations from an energy advisor can save you hours of planning time and thousands of dollars on upgrades by helping you make energy efficiency upgrade decisions that are right for your home and budget.
Having an energy evaluation completed by a program-qualified energy advisor makes you eligible for more rebates and incentive. Find program-qualified energy advisors here.
Contact a Professional Contractor
If you have an idea of what energy improvements you would like to complete, contact professional contractors and ask for detailed quotes and advice.
See Hiring a Contractor FAQs for more information on how to select a contractor.