- What should I know about draftproofing?
- Where do I start to reduce drafts and improve my home?
- Can I draftproof my home too much and make it too tight?
- What are the benefits of draftproofing?
- What should I know about insulation?
- What are the priority areas for insulation?
- How do I know if I have enough insulation in my attic?
- Can I add new insulation on top of old insulation?
- What is a dehumidistat? And what should I have it set to?
- Would I use more energy by running an HRV all the time?
- How often should I run my bathroom fan? Should I get a timer?
- Can I use my existing furnace ductwork for an HRV/ERV?
Heating and Cooling Systems
- What is a heat pump and what are its benefits?
- Which heating system is best for me and my home?
- What type of heat pump should I choose?
- How do I know if my heating and/or cooling system is properly sized for my home?
Water Heating Systems
- What are condensing storage tank water heaters?
- What are the benefits of condensing storage tank water heaters?
- What are the costs of storage tank hot water heaters?
- How do I ensure that I get the right condensing storage tank water heater for my home?
Windows and Doors
- How do I ensure that my new windows will perform well?
- Why is it important to select the right windows for my home?
- How do I interpret the U-factor and performance of windows?
- What are ENERGY STAR windows?
Appliances and Lighting
- My refrigerator is very old, but still works fine. Is it worth it to replace it with a new, ENERGY STAR® qualified refrigerator?
- Are ductless dryers more efficient than ducted dryers?
- What are the benefits of an energy efficient dishwasher?
- What are LED lights/bulbs and how do they save energy?
Get solutions for common problems & learn about energy efficient upgrades.