- I am not in an eligible home, are there any rebates I can access?
- What is my climate zone?
- How can I convert an imperial U-factor to a metric U-factor?
- Why does the rebate only apply to windows that are ENERGY STAR® Certified with a maximum U-factor of 1.22 (W/m2·K)?
EnerGuide Home Evaluations
- Is my home eligible for rebates or an EnerGuide home evaluation?
- What are EnerGuide home evaluations?
- What happens during a pre- and post retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation?
- What is an EnerGuide home label?
Energy Issues and Concerns
- Where do I start to reduce drafts and improve my home?
- When should I upgrade my heating system?
- What are the symptoms of poor indoor air quality, and how can it be improved?
- What are the health and safety considerations of home renovations?
Hiring a Contractor
- Where can I find a qualified contractor that is right for the job, and what should I know before hiring them?
- What accreditations do I look for when hiring contractors/installers?
- What questions should I ask a contractor during the interview process?
- How do I ensure that I am getting a fair price for my requested services from a contractor?
- Can I do my energy efficiency upgrades myself?
- What are the most cost effective DIY home energy improvements?
- What resources are available for DIY home energy improvements?
- Is the BC Home Energy Coach still available?
- What are the permit requirements in the City of Vancouver?
- Do I need a permit for my upgrade?
- How do I find an energy efficient home to buy?
Get solutions for common problems & learn about energy efficient upgrades.