As part of the Home Renovation Rebate and EfficiencyBC Program you can receive $50 per window or door (up to $1000) for replacing your current windows or exterior doors with program qualified products. This upgrade can count towards the Two Upgrade Bonus or the Home Energy Improvement Bonus.
- The upgrades must be installed on or after September 28, 2018.
- You must be a FortisBC, BC Hydro, or municipal utility customer.
- Electricity, natural gas, oil, or propane is the primary heating fuel for the home. Homes primarily heated by wood or other solid fossil fuels are not eligible.
- You must live in an eligible home.
- The home must have a minimum of 12 months of consecutive utility billing history.
- The windows and/or doors must be replacing existing windows and/or doors in the building envelope. Windows installed in new rough openings are ineligible. Skylights are not eligible for the rebate.
- New windows must be ENERGY STAR® certified and have a U-value of 1.22 (W/m2·K) or less. The products must be listed on the ENERGY STAR certified fenestration list.
How to Apply
- Carefully review the terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Purchase eligible windows and have them installed by a contractor with a valid BC business license.
- Once your upgrades are installed, complete the online application and upload all supporting documentation including copies of all receipts and invoices. See sample invoices.
- The application form for individual upgrades must be submitted within 6 months of the invoice date of the upgrade.
- The application form for the Two Upgrade Bonus must be submitted after the second bonus-eligible upgrade is installed, and within 18 months of the invoice date of the first bonus-eligible upgrade.
- The application form for the Home Energy Improvement Bonus and EnerGuide Home Evaluation Rebate must be submitted within 18 months of your pre-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation, and after your post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation.
- Learn more about energy efficient windows by reading our windows and doors FAQs.
- If you installed upgrades prior to September 28th, 2018, check out our FAQ “What if I started my renovations before the launch of the new Home Renovation Rebate and EfficiencyBC program?”
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
- This rebate is funded, in part, by the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada.