HERG is not taking new applications at this point in time but the program will be relaunching in 2019. Please check back on this page for updates or contact Vancouver Heritage Foundation directly for more information.
As a part of the Heritage Energy Retrofit Grant (HERG) by the Vancouver Heritage Foundation and the City of Vancouver you can receive up to $6,000 for completing energy efficiency upgrades. The program is designed to complement the rebates available through the Home Renovation Rebate and EfficiencyBC Program. Check out the incentive table in the terms and conditions for more information and how rebate amounts are calculated.
- You must live in an eligible home.
- Your home must be located in the City of Vancouver.
- Your home must be built prior to 1940 and/or be listed on the Vancouver Heritage Register.
- Your primary space heating fuel type must be oil or natural gas.
- You must complete a pre- and a post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation. HERG offers evaluation discounts.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility for the Heritage Energy Retrofit Grant Program.
- Complete and submit the HERG application form. The Program will confirm your eligibility and contact you.
- Complete a pre-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation. The program offers discounts on the pre-retrofit evaluation. A service organization will contact you.
- Complete your energy efficiency upgrades and apply for other rebate programs you may be eligible for.
- Complete a post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation. The cost of the post-retrofit evaluation is covered by HERG.
- Your energy advisor will submit your post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation report to HERG to calculate your final rebate amount.
- The registration deadline is October 31, 2018. You must also complete your upgrades and apply for your grant within 1 year of applying for HERG.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
- Check out our incentive database for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.