Through the FortisBC Connect to Gas Program you may qualify for rebates between $700-$2,700 for installing a natural gas heating system, heating and hot water system, or heating appliance.
- You must receive a pre-qualification code.
- The residence must be in FortisBC natural gas or piped propane service territory.
- You must be converting your primary heating system from wood, oil, or propane to natural gas.
Available for converting your primary heating type from oil, wood, or propane to natural gas:
- Natural Gas Heating System – $1,300
- Natural Gas Heating & Hot Water System or Combination System – $1,700
Available regardless of your primary heating type:
- Natural Gas Direct Vent Wall Furnace – up to $1,100
*PLUS: up to $1,000 through the Natural Gas Water Heater rebate program if you install an eligible high efficiency natural gas water heater.
How to Apply
- First obtain a pre-qualification code before installing your heating system.
- Carefully review the program terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Have a gas contractor licensed with Technical Safety BC install your heat or heat & hot water system. You can find a contractor by searching the Trade Ally Network directory.
- Complete the required application form(s):
- Be sure to include a copy of your invoice(s) showing details of all work performed, including the purchase date, make, model and installation permit number.
- Send the completed and signed application form and the invoice postmarked within 60 days of the installation date of the Heating System.
- Obtain a pre-qualification code before submitting your rebate application.
- Application must be submitted within 60 days of the installation date.
- Check out this useful video from FortisBC on how to apply for their natural gas rebates.
- Check out FortisBC’s quality installation resources before you buy a furnace.
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.