FortisBC is offering up to $1,000 rebate for replacing your current water heater with a high-efficiency natural gas water heater. Tankless and storage tank water heater systems are eligible for this rebate.
|Water Heater||Rebate Amount|
|High-efficiency storage tank||$200|
|Ultimate high-efficiency tankless (condensing)||$1,000|
|Ultimate high-efficiency storage tank (condensing)||$1,000|
- You must be a FortisBC residential natural gas customer.
- Electricity, natural gas, oil, or propane is the primary heating fuel for the home.
- Homes primarily heated by wood or other solid fossil fuels are not eligible.
- To count the upgrade towards the Home Renovation Rebate and EfficiencyBC Program, the water heater must:
- The natural gas water heater must be on the list of qualifying models.
How to Apply
- Carefully review the terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Purchase an eligible natural gas water heater and have it installed by a licensed gas contractor.
- If you are applying through the Home Renovation Rebate and EfficiencyBC Program, complete the online application and upload all supporting documentation including copies of all receipts and invoices. See sample invoices.
- If you are applying directly through FortisBC, submit the FortisBC Water Heater Program Application Form instead of the online application above.
- The online application form for individual upgrades must be submitted within 6 months of the invoice date of the upgrade.
- The FortisBC Water Heater Program Application Form must be submitted within 60 days of the water heater purchase date.
- The application form for the Two Upgrade Bonus must be submitted within 6 months of the second bonus-eligible upgrade. You must complete your second bonus-eligible upgrade within 18 months of the invoice date of the first bonus-eligible upgrade.
- The application form for the Home Energy Improvement Bonus and EnerGuide Home Evaluation Rebate must be submitted within 6 months of the date of your post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation. You must complete your post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation within 18 months of your pre-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation.
- Learn more about gas water heaters and find out which model is right for you.
- If you installed upgrades prior to April 01, 2019, see What if I started my renovations before the April 01 2019 Home Renovation Rebate and EfficiencyBC Program update?
- If you installed upgrades prior to September 28th, 2018, see What if I started my renovations before the launch of the new Home Renovation Rebate and EfficiencyBC program?
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.