The Two Upgrade Bonus is a $300 bonus incentive for installing two or more eligible energy efficiency upgrades. This $300 bonus is provided in addition to the individual rebates that are available.
- You must be a FortisBC, BC Hydro, or municipal utility customer.
- You must live in an eligible home.
- Electricity, natural gas, oil, or propane is the primary heating fuel for the home.
- Homes primarily heated by wood or other solid fossil fuels are not eligible.
In addition to the individual rebates rebate requirements, you must meet the requirements as listed below:
- You must install a minimum of two bonus-eligible upgrades. The first upgrade must be installed on or after September 28, 2018. The second upgrade must be installed within 18 months of the first upgrade.
- Insulation – must have a minimum rebate value of $500 per location. Eligible locations are attic, exterior wall cavity, exterior wall sheathing and basement and crawlspace walls. Each location is considered one upgrade.
- Primary heating system (mini-split air source heat pump, central system air source heat pump, combination space and water heat pump, natural gas furnace or boiler) – a maximum of one primary heating system is eligible for the rebate.
- Secondary heating system (natural gas fireplace) – a maximum of one fireplace can be counted toward the bonus and must replace an existing gas fireplace.
- Water heater (heat pump water heater or natural gas water heater)– a maximum of one hot water system can be counted towards the bonus.
- Windows and doors – must achieve a minimum rebate value of $250.
How to Apply
- Carefully review the terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Install two or more bonus-eligible upgrades. The upgrades must be installed by a contractor with a valid BC business license.
- Once your upgrades are installed, complete the online application and upload all supporting documentation including copies of all receipts and invoices. See sample invoices.
- The application form for individual upgrades must be submitted within 6 months of the invoice date of the upgrade.
- The application form for the Two Upgrade Bonus must be submitted within 6 months of the second bonus-eligible upgrade. You must complete your second bonus-eligible upgrade within 18 months of the invoice date of the first bonus-eligible upgrade.
- You can receive the Two Upgrade Bonus or the Home Energy Improvement Bonus, but not both.
- If you installed upgrades prior to April 01, 2019, see What if I started my renovations before the April 01 2019 Home Renovation Rebate and EfficiencyBC Program update?
- If you installed upgrades prior to September 28th, 2018, see What if I started my renovations before the launch of the new Home Renovation Rebate and EfficiencyBC program?
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
- This rebate is funded by the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada.