The Two Upgrade Bonus is a $300 bonus incentive for installing two or more eligible energy efficiency upgrades. This $300 bonus is provided in addition to the individual rebates that are available.
- You must be a FortisBC, BC Hydro, or municipal utility customer.
- You must live in an eligible home.
- Electricity, natural gas, oil, or propane is the primary heating fuel for the home. Homes primarily heated by wood or other solid fossil fuels are not eligible.
In addition to the individual rebates rebate requirements, you must meet the requirements as listed below:
- You must install a minimum of two bonus-eligible upgrades. The second upgrade must be installed within 18 months of the first upgrade.
- Insulation – must have a minimum rebate value of $500 per location. Eligible locations are attic, exterior wall cavity, exterior wall sheathing and basement and crawlspace walls. Each location is considered one upgrade.
- Primary heating system (mini-split air source heat pump, central system air source heat pump, natural gas furnace or boiler) – a maximum of one system is eligible for the rebate.
- Secondary heating system (natural gas fireplace) – a maximum of one fireplace can be counted toward the bonus and must replace an existing gas fireplace.
- Water heater (heat pump water heater or natural gas water heater)– a maximum of one hot water system can be counted towards the bonus.
- Windows and doors – must replace a minimum of 5 windows (rebate value of $250).
How to Apply
- Carefully review the terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Install two or more bonus-eligible upgrades. The upgrades must be installed by a contractor with a valid BC business license.
- Once your upgrades are installed, complete the online application and upload all supporting documentation including copies of all receipts and invoices. See sample invoices.
- The application form for individual upgrades must be submitted within 6 months of the invoice date of the upgrade.
- The application form for the Two Upgrade Bonus must be submitted after the second bonus-eligible upgrade is installed, and within 18 months of the invoice date of the first bonus-eligible upgrade.
- The application form for the Home Energy Improvement Bonus and EnerGuide Home Evaluation Rebate must be submitted within 18 months of your pre-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation, and after your post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation.
- You can receive the Two Upgrade Bonus or the Home Energy Improvement Bonus, but not both.
- If you installed upgrades prior to September 28th, 2018, check out our FAQ “What if I started my renovations before the launch of the new Home Renovation Rebate and EfficiencyBC program?”
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
- This rebate is funded by the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada.