If you had your pre-retrofit evaluation or installed upgrades prior to September 28th, 2018, check out our FAQ “What if I started my renovations before the launch of the new Home Renovation Rebate and EfficiencyBC program?”
Please see the upgrade specific eligibility requirements by checking the links below.
- Insulation – up to $5,500
- Ductless Heat Pump – up to $2,000
- Central Heat Pump – up to $2,000
- Combination Space and Water Heat Pump – up to $3,000
- Electric Heat Pump Water Heater – $1,000
- Natural Gas Furnace or Boiler – up to $700
- Natural Gas Water Heater – up to $1,000
- Natural Gas Fireplace – $300 per fireplace
- Windows and Doors – $50 per window or door
Bonus and Special Offers
- Select municipalities have Municipal Offers that can be accessed when fuel switching from fossil fuel heating (natural gas, oil, or propane) to an electric air-source heat pump (up to an additional $2,000), or for completing a pre- and post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation (an additional $150).
- Two Upgrade Bonus – receive a $300 rebate for installing two eligible upgrades. The Two Upgrade Bonus can be accessed in addition to Individual Upgrades rebates. Does not require an EnerGuide home evaluation.
- EnerGuide Home Evaluation Rebate – receive $300 for completing both a pre- and post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation.
- Home Energy Improvement Bonus – install three eligible individual upgrades and receive $20 per percentage reduction in your EnerGuide rating (GJ/year), between your pre- and post-retrofit energy evaluation. The Home Energy Improvement Bonus can be accessed in addition to rebates for individual upgrades.
Participants can receive either the Two Upgrade Bonus or the Home Energy Improvement Bonus, but not both.
- Your upgrades must be completed on or after September 28, 2018.
- You must be a FortisBC, BC Hydro, or municipal utility customer.
- You must live in an eligible home.
- Electricity, natural gas, oil, or propane is the primary heating fuel for the home. Homes primarily heated by wood or other solid fossil fuels are not eligible. Insulation rebates are available for homes heated by electricity or natural gas only.
- The home must have a minimum of 12 months of consecutive utility billing history.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Have your upgrades installed by a contractor with a valid BC business license.
- Once your upgrades are installed, complete the online application and upload all supporting documentation including copies of all receipts and invoices. See sample invoices.
- The application form for individual upgrades must be submitted within 6 months of the invoice date of the upgrade.
- The application form for the Two Upgrade Bonus must be submitted after the second bonus-eligible upgrade is installed, and within 18 months of the invoice date of the first bonus-eligible upgrade.
- The application form for the Home Energy Improvement Bonus and EnerGuide Home Evaluation Rebate must be submitted within 18 months of your pre-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation, and after your post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation.
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.