FortisBC is offering up to $700 when replacing your old gas furnace with an eligible high-efficiency ENERGY STAR® model.
|New heating system||Rebate Amount|
|95-96.9% AFUE furnace||$500|
|97-99% AFUE furnace||$700|
- You must be a FortisBC residential natural gas customer.
- Natural gas must be your current primary heating system fuel type.
- To count the upgrade towards the Home Renovation Rebate and EfficiencyBC Program, the furnace must:
- Your existing furnace must be at least 10 years old and must not require repairs in excess of $1,000 (pre-tax, including parts and labour). Emergency replacements are not eligible.
- You must install an eligible ENERGY STAR furnace with a two-pipe direct vent system. Please see the eligible model list for furnaces. The new heating system must become your primary heating system.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the terms and conditions on the application form to confirm your eligibility.
- Purchase an eligible natural gas furnace and have it installed by a licensed gas contractor.
- Once your upgrades are installed, complete the customer section of the application in full and have your contractor complete their part, as well as the furnace commissioning sheet, if applicable. You must also include a photo of the new two-pipe direct vent system installed in your home and a copy of your invoice showing details of all work performed, purchase date, make and model number and installation permit number.
- Email your complete application and copies of supporting documents within 6 months of the invoice date to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can mail the application package to the address indicated on the application form.
- Application must be emailed or postmarked within 6 months of the invoice date of your natural gas furnace or boiler installation.
- The application form for the Two Upgrade Bonus must be submitted within 6 months of the second bonus-eligible upgrade. You must complete your second bonus-eligible upgrade within 18 months of the invoice date of the first bonus-eligible upgrade.
- The application form for the Home Energy Improvement Bonus and EnerGuide Home Evaluation Rebate must be submitted within 6 months of the date of your post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation. You must complete your post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation within 18 months of your pre-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation.
- Check out FortisBC’s “Five things to know before your new high-efficiency furnace is installed”.
- If you installed upgrades prior to April 01, 2019, see What if I started my renovations before the April 01 2019 Home Renovation Rebate and EfficiencyBC Program update?
- If you installed upgrades prior to September 28th, 2018, see What if I started my renovations before the launch of the new Home Renovation Rebate and EfficiencyBC program?
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
- This rebate is funded, in part, by the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada.