As part of the Home Renovation Rebate and EfficiencyBC Program, FortisBC is offering up to $700 when replacing your old gas furnace or $500 when replacing your gas boiler with an eligible high-efficiency ENERGY STAR® model.
|New heating system||Rebate Amount|
|95-96.9% AFUE furnace||$500|
|97-99% AFUE furnace||$700|
|94% AFUE or higher boiler||$500|
- You must be a FortisBC residential natural gas customer.
- Natural gas must be your current primary heating system fuel type.
- The furnace or boiler must be installed in an eligible home.
- The home must have a minimum of 12 months of consecutive utility billing history.
- Your existing furnace must be at least 10 years old and must not require repairs in excess of $1,000 (pre-tax, including parts and labour). Emergency replacements are not eligible.
- You must install an eligible ENERGY STAR furnace or boiler with a two-pipe direct vent system. Please see the eligible model list for furnaces and boilers. The new heating system must become your primary heating system.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the terms and conditions on the application form to confirm your eligibility.
- Purchase an eligible natural gas furnace or boiler and have it installed by a licensed gas contractor.
- Once your upgrades are installed, complete the customer section of the application in full and have your contractor complete their part, as well as the furnace commissioning sheet, if applicable. You must also include a photo of the new two-pipe direct vent system installed in your home and a copy of your invoice showing details of all work performed, purchase date, make and model number and installation permit number.
- Email your complete application and copies of supporting documents within 60 days of the installation date to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can mail the application package to the address indicated on the application form.
- Application must be emailed or postmarked within 60 days of the invoice date of your natural gas furnace or boiler installation.
- The application form for the Two Upgrade Bonus must be submitted after the second bonus-eligible upgrade is installed, and within 18 months of the invoice date of the first bonus-eligible upgrade.
- The application form for the Home Energy Improvement Bonus and EnerGuide Home Evaluation Rebate must be submitted within 18 months of your pre-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation, and after your post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation.
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
- This rebate is funded, in part, by the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada.