BC Hydro, FortisBC, Pacific Northern Gas and local municipal utilities are offering free energy saving kits for income-qualified households. The kits include the following: water-efficient showerhead, kitchen and bathroom faucet aerators, weather-stripping, window film, outlet and switch plate sealers, a refrigerator/freezer thermometer, an LED night light and four LED light bulbs, a furnace filter coupon (for FortisBC gas customers), & installation guide.
- You must be a FortisBC, BC Hydro, or municipal utility customer.
- You must live in an income-qualifying household. Total household income includes the combined income of all members of the household over the age of 18.
How to Apply
- Select your utility provider:
- If requested, proof of income may be required.
- Currently there is no deadline for Energy Saving Kits.
- Don’t qualify for the free kit? Click here to purchase your own Energy Saving Kit. FortisBC customers can access a discount.
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.