The BC Hydro & FortisBC Conservation Assistance Program is for income-qualified households and provides an in home visit with free energy-saving product installation including energy-saving light bulbs, high efficiency showerheads, and weather-stripping to reduce drafts. Some homes may also qualify for an ENERGY STAR® refrigerator, insulation in walls, attic, and/or crawlspace, and/or a high-efficiency gas furnace. You can also receive advice and tips for how you can improve your home’s efficiency.
- You must be a BC Hydro or City of New Westminster or a FortisBC or a municipal electricity customer account holder.
- You must live in an eligible home. Non-profit housing providers and aboriginal communities are eligible to apply.
- You must live in an income-qualifying household. Total household income includes the combined income of all member of the household over the age of 18.
How to Apply
- If you are a BC Hydro or FortisBC Gas customer, complete this application online, and ensure you submit a completed landlord consent form along with your application If you rent your home.
- If you are a FortisBC Electric customer complete and print this application form, and ensure you submit a completed landlord consent form along with your application If you rent your home.
- Mail the completed application form to BC Hydro and FortisBC ECAP Operations indicated on the bottom of the form.
- Currently there is no deadline for BC Hydro and FortisBC Energy Conservation Assistance Program.
- If you are not eligible for this program or live in an apartment or condo consider applying for a free Energy Saving Kit.
- Please note that the assessment provided as part of ECAP does not count as an EnerGuide home evaluation and cannot be used to access other rebate programs.
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.