The FortisBC Custom Performance Program provides funding for natural gas and/or electricity energy-efficiency projects tailored to your specific building. Participants can benefit from a detailed energy study, new, efficient equipment that can reduce operating costs, increase occupant comfort, improve operation of existing energy systems, and reduce waste and greenhouse gas emissions.
For a limited time, additional incentives are available through the Provincial EfficiencyBC offer for the installation of measures that reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The Provincial EfficiencyBC is funded by the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada and administered by FortisBC. Contact your FortisBC Key Account Manager or Technical Advisor for more information.
- Energy Study Funding – have a detailed engineering analysis of your facility conducted to identify opportunities for cost-effective natural gas savings and/or electricity savings. Maximum funding is 50% of the cost of the energy study, up to $25,000.
- Capital Incentive Funding – funding offered to encourage the implementation of cost-effective natural gas and/or electricity energy efficiency measures that were identified in the energy study.
- Implementation Bonus Funding – funding is offered to participants who successfully implement the approve energy conservation measures. Maximum funding is equivalent to the energy study funding amount, to a maximum of $25,000.
Please visit the FortisBC rebate page for more information on program funding.
- You must be a FortisBC commercial rate class natural gas and/or a FortisBC electricity customer or a municipal electricity customer of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland or Nelson Hydro.
- You must be an owner or long-term lease holder of an existing medium to large commercial, institutional, multi-unit residential or light industrial buildings/facilities.
- For eligible natural gas customers, your project must have the potential to save a minimum 1,200 gigajoules of natural gas annually.
- For eligible electricity customers, your project must have the potential to save 50,000 kWh of electricity annually.
- You must receive approval in writing from an authorized FortisBC representative before commissioning or beginning the energy study, or purchasing or installing any of the proposed energy conservation measures.
- Full eligibility requirements can be found on the FortisBC website.
How to Apply
- For natural gas customers, contact your key account manager to get started. You’ll be required to complete a Thermal Energy Services Provider Declaration Form as part of the application process.
- For electricity customers, contact your technical advisor to get started.
- Energy Study must be complete and submitted to FortisBC within 6 months of receiving energy study approval letter.
- Approved energy conservation measures must be installed and operational within 18 months of capital incentive funding approval.
- You must operate the energy conservation measures for at least 36 months after installation.
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.