The Home Renovation Rebate and EfficiencyBC Program offers $300 for completing both a pre- and post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation. Select municipalities offer an additional $150 rebate, see Municipal Offers for more information.
- You must be a BC Hydro, FortisBC, FortisBC electric, or municipal utility customer.
- You must live in an eligible home.
- Electricity, natural gas, oil, or propane is the primary heating fuel for the home. Homes primarily heated by wood or other solid fossil fuels are not eligible.
- You must complete a pre-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation before installing bonus eligible upgrades and a post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation after finishing the installation of your upgrades.
- The EnerGuide home evaluations must be performed by a program-qualified energy advisor.
- The pre-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation must be completed on or after September 28, 2018. The post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation must be completed after September 28, 2018.
- The home must have a minimum of 12 months of consecutive utility billing history.
How to Apply
- Confirm your eligibility.
- Complete a pre-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation with a program-qualified energy advisor.
- Complete a post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation with a program-qualified energy advisor.
- Submit an online application. Your energy advisor will also submit an Energy Advisor Supported Rebates form.
- You must complete your post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation within 18 months of your pre-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation, and submit your application form within 6 months of your post-retrofit. The rebate will be paid after the application is submitted.
- Learn more about EnerGuide home evaluations by reading our FAQs.
- If you completed a pre-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation before September 28, 2018, you may be eligible for the $150 Energy Coach Home Evaluation Rebate.
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- This rebate is funded by the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada.