The EfficiencyBC Custom-Lite Program is intended to help building owners and operators reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in their existing commercial buildings. The Custom-Lite program is a simplified version of the larger EfficiencyBC Custom Program and is intended to facilitate smaller electrification opportunities across the commercial and institutional building sector.
The Program offers Capital Incentives of $60/tCO2e of lifetime GHG savings for heat pump roof top units and $40/tCO2e of lifetime GHG savings for all other qualifying measures up to maximum $48,000 incentive per customer. The Program also offers Energy Study funding for 50% of the cost of an energy study, up to a maximum of $2,000.
- The building must be a commercial, institutional, or a multi-unit residential building.
- The project must demonstrate the potential to implement measures at a single facility that will lead to at least 500 and less than 1,200 tC02e of lifetime savings.
- To qualify as an energy measure, projects must:
- Provide a net decrease in greenhouse gas emissions
- Result in energy impacts that are measurable and verifiable
- Result in energy impacts that can be estimated using standard engineering calculations
- Involve a technology that is not covered by other utility DSM programs (e.g. FortisBC’s Commercial Custom Program).
- Customers that have already received Capital Incentive funding from the regular Custom Program are not eligible for further funding under the Custom-Lite Program.
How to Apply
- Read all materials, including the Participant’s Guide and Frequently Asked Questions, and download the Custom-Lite Workbook. Contact the Business Help Desk, Business Account Rep or Key Account Manager, if you have any further questions.
- Submit the completed Custom-Lite Workbook.
- You have 6 months from the date of the signed Energy Study-lite Agreement to complete the energy study.
- You have 12 months from the date of the signed Capital Incentive Agreement to complete the project.
- For custom projects that will lead to 1,200 tC02e of lifetime GHG savings or more, see the EfficiencyBC Custom Program.
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
Program Contact Information
Contact your Key Account Manager or Energy Savings Business Help Desk.