The City of Campbell River is providing rebates and permit fee refunds of up to 100% for new energy efficient residential buildings that are constructed to meet the BC Energy Step Code.
- For new homes with permits dated after and including March 29, 2018:
|Level of Step Code Achieved||Rebate||
|Step 2||$500 for all building types||April 2018 to June 2019|
|Step 3||$750 for single family homes||April 2018 to December 31, 2019|
|$1250 all other building types|
|Additional $2000 for constructing electrically heated homes|
|Step 4||Up to 50% of the building permit fee for all construction types||Ongoing|
|Step 5||Up to 100% of the building permit fee for all construction types||Ongoing|
- You must achieve a Step Code level of 2 or higher.
How to Apply
- Applications for the rebate can be completed with the project’s Building Permit Application.
- The rebates for Step Code Levels 2-3 are available until December 31, 2019 or while funds last.
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.