FortisBC is offering up to $1000 when replacing your old gas boiler or up to $1500 when replacing your gas boiler with an eligible high-efficiency ENERGY STAR® combination heating and hot water system.
|New heating system||Rebate Amount|
|94% or higher AFUE boiler
(installed on or after March 01, 2019)
|ENERGY STAR certified natural gas combination heating and hot water system||$1200
(plus the $300 Two Upgrade Bonus)
|P9 certified combination heating and hot water system||$1200
(plus the $300 Two Upgrade Bonus)
- You must be a FortisBC residential natural gas customer.
- Natural gas must be your current primary heating system fuel type.
- To count the upgrade towards the Home Renovation Rebate and EfficiencyBC Program, the boiler must:
- Your existing boiler must be at least 10 years old and must not require repairs in excess of $1,000 (pre-tax, including parts and labour). Emergency replacements of a boiler that is not in working order or is deemed unsafe to operate are not eligible.
- You must install an eligible ENERGY STAR boiler with a two-pipe direct vent system. P9 Systems are exempt from the two-pipe direct vent system requirement.
- Eligible models can be found online:
- Eligible Boilers installed on or after March 01 2019
- Eligible Combination heating and hot water systems.
- Eligible P9 Systems.
- The new heating system must become your primary heating system.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the terms and conditions on the application form to confirm your eligibility.
- Purchase an eligible natural gas boiler or combination heating and hot water systems and have it installed by a licensed gas contractor.
- Once your upgrades are installed, work with your contractor to complete, in full, the applicable application form and boiler commissioning sheet. You must also include a photo of the new two-pipe direct vent system installed in your home and a copy of your invoice showing details of all work performed, purchase date, make and model number and installation permit number.
- Email your complete application and copies of supporting documents within 6 months of the installation date to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can mail the application package to the address indicated on the application form.
- Application must be emailed or postmarked within 6 months of the invoice date of your natural gas boiler installation.
- The application form for the Two Upgrade Bonus must be submitted within 6 months of the second bonus-eligible upgrade. You must complete your second bonus-eligible upgrade within 18 months of the invoice date of the first bonus-eligible upgrade.
- The application form for the Home Energy Improvement Bonus and EnerGuide Home Evaluation Rebate must be submitted within 6 months of the date of your post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation. You must complete your post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation within 18 months of your pre-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation.
- If you installed upgrades prior to April 01, 2019, see What if I started my renovations before the April 01 2019 Home Renovation Rebate and EfficiencyBC Program update?
- If you installed upgrades prior to September 28th, 2018, see What if I started my renovations before the launch of the new Home Renovation Rebate and EfficiencyBC program?
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
- This rebate is funded, in part, by the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada.
Program Contact Information
- FortisBC email@example.com