As part of the FortisBC Appliance Rebate Program, you can access $50-$250 for installing ENERGY STAR® qualified appliances in your home.
- You must be a residential FortisBC or municipal electricity customer.
- You must purchase a qualifying ENERGY STAR clothes washer, dryer, and/or refrigerator.
- Refrigerators with a $50 rebate are listed on the website.
- For appliances that qualify for the $100 – $250 rebate, follow these links: clothes washers lists, clothes dryers lists, and refrigerator lists.
How to Apply
- Purchase a qualifying appliance by December 31, 2018.
- Apply online with all required documentation.
- The Appliance must be purchased by December 31, 2018.
- Applications must be submitted within 60 days of the appliance purchase.
- Applications may take up to 90 days to process.
- The Rebate will appear as a bill credit on your FortisBC electricity bill.
- Customers in Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland and Nelson will receive a cheque.
- Many small and large appliances can be recycled instead of going to the landfill. Visit the Recycling Council of British Columbia or call 1 800-667-4321 to find out what can be recycled and where to recycle.
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.