IMPORTANT: This offer has ended. Eligible purchases made between October 5 and November 16, 2018 must apply within 60 days of the purchase date.
- You must install at least one of the high-efficiency models listed on the ENERGY STAR® search tool.
- Visit the BC Hydro appliance rebates webpage to learn about participating retailers and participating municipalities.
Select retailers, municipalities and retailers offer additional rebates in addition to the BC Hydro rebates. See the Appliance Rebates web page for more information on additional rebates.
Save an additional $25-$200 on select ENERGY STAR® appliances with participating retailers:
- Best Buy
- The Brick
- The Home Depot
- Trail Appliances
- All other independent retailers
Save an additional $50 on select ENERGY STAR appliances with select municipalities:
- City of Coquitlam
- City of Nanaimo
- City of New Westminster
- City of North Vancouver
- City of Richmond
- City of Vancouver
- District of West Vancouver
- District of North Vancouver
- Township of Langley*
*Township of Langley will be matching rebates for refrigerators and clothes dryers.
How to Apply
- Complete the online rebate application and upload a copy of your proof of purchase. You only have to submit one application form even if you’re applying for multiple rebates including manufacturer, retailer and municipal rebates.
- Once you complete and submit the form, a copy of your completed application will be emailed to you. This confirms that you have successfully submitted your application.
- You’ll receive another email once BC Hydro has reviewed and approved your application for payment (in the form of a cheque, Interac e-Transfer or bill credit). This email may take about 8 to 10 weeks to receive from your original application submission.
- Track the status of your rebate online. Use the tracking number provided in the email sent to you with your completed application form.
- Appliance purchases must be made between October 5 and November 16, 2018 to be eligible for this rebate.
- Your application and proof of purchase must be submitted within 60 days from the date you purchased your new appliance.
- Many small and large appliances can be recycled instead of going to the landfill. Visit the Recycling Council of British Columbia or call 1 800-667-4321 to find out what can be recycled and where to recycle.
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.