EfficiencyBC is BC’s online hub for homeowners and businesses to access information, incentives and support to reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions in new and existing homes and buildings. EfficiencyBC is funded by the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada under the Low Carbon Economy Leadership Fund. EfficiencyBC incentives are administered by BC Hydro, FortisBC and BC Housing.
EfficiencyBC resources include:
- Easy to use incentive search tools for residential renovations, residential new construction, commercial renovations, and commercial new construction
- Single application for EfficiencyBC, BC Hydro, FortisBC and local government residential renovation incentives
- Information and answers to frequently asked questions on energy efficiency upgrades
- Free Energy Coaching Services for homeowners and businesses undertaking renovations, including a phone and email hotline staffed by energy coaching specialists
- Search tool to find registered EnerGuide Rating System energy advisors for residential renovations
- Contractor directories to find registered contractors in your area
Resources and support are available for the following building types in British Columbia:
- Residential renovations and new construction
- Commercial renovations and new construction (multi-unit residential buildings, commercial buildings, institutional buildings)
Energy Coach Service
The Energy Coach is a free coaching service for homeowners and commercial building owners and managers in B.C. Energy Coaches are trained energy efficiency specialists who provide building-science based information about the options and opportunities to improve the energy efficiency of your home or building. They are available to answer your questions at all stages of your energy improvement project. Energy Coach services are available for homeowners and commercial building owners or managers.
The Energy Coach, formerly known as the BC Home Energy Coach, has been expanded to include commercial building owners and managers in addition to homeowners.
Energy Coach services include:
- Access to Energy Coaches via a toll-free hotline and e-mail
- Information and advice about energy efficiency upgrades and incentives
- If needed, directing you to appropriate program representative